Monday, April 26, 2010

Penn State and Blue White Weekend

This weekend, Hugo, Lain and me went to Penn State for the annual Blue White Weekend. Penn State is a pretty big University and they have one of the biggest stadiums in the country. On Saturday, the football team played a scrimmage game... Meaning that it's just a practice game where the team plays against itself.

We arrived Friday afternoon at one of Lain's friends... We pre-gamed at the house before leaving for the clubs and it was nice to see something else than Harry's for a change :) We came back to the house around 4am after having found a few things we were not supposed to do to do ;)

Quite a few people were crashing already so we had to sleep on the floor... but it wasn't too bad. Then we had to get up early Saturday morning to clear the downstairs living room. Dan (Lain's friend) and his roommates were throwing a huge party Saturday night with DJ, light show and everything. So, we took all the furniture out and left to do some tailgating at the stadium. The stadium seats around 110,000 spectators but we were told that they 'only' expected around 70,000 this weekend. Here is a few pictures:







We didn't stay to see the whole game because it wasn't that good. But the atmosphere was amazing. Also, it was getting quite cold and all I was wearing was a t-shirt because it had been quite hot when we left from Dan's around noon. But as I said it was pretty damn cold in the afternoon, so Hugo, Lain and me went to the merchandise shop at the stadium and the two Europeans got some nice hoodies...

After having tailgated the whole day, we went back around 6pm. The party had 100 confirmed guests and around 50 maybe's... so all we had to do was get something to eat and then wait for people to arrive.

It was the most crazy house party I have even been to. The DJ played some really nice music and with more than a 100 people at the party, it was quite alright :) Also, the light show was amazing - maybe it's because the brand of the light cannons was MARTIN, which is a Danish brand!

Between 2 and 3 am, we ran out of beer and people started to leave. The DJ packed his stuff together and the floor was just so bad because it had rained a bit during the night. So we started cleaning the worst parts and around 4.30 am (I think) I found myself on an air mattress in the living room...

Then today, Sunday, we got up at 9 am to go home again. Lain took us to his parents' house again for some breakfast on the way home which was really nice!

So, I wanna give a shout out to a few people. Lain, thanks for taking us to Penn State. Dan + roommates, thanks for throwing a crazy party and thanks to everybody for showing us a good time the entire weekend!


Until next time... peace :)


P.S. Oh, I almost forgot. I started playing a little bit of online poker again last week. A combination of rusty play and a good amount of bad luck sent me 800$ in the hole at one point but I managed to win some of it back so now I'm only minus 275$ for last week. I'm not gonna play a lot, I just had an easy week last week and I was kind of missing it. After all I haven't played a single hand of poker online since I got here in the middle of January...

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that yyou don't use too much time playing in front of a computer, but you use your time having a good time with friends and mates.
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tak tak! Rart endelig med en kommentar :)

    Forresten... bare fordi jeg skriver på engelsk behøver I ikke at gøre det, men det er selvfølgelig helt op til jer.

    Rasmus

    ReplyDelete