Sunday, April 18, 2010

New York again :)

Today is the day after Block Party, which was crazy btw, so this post might be a bit foggy ;)

Anyways, my timer woke me up at 4.30am. At 6 am we left Bloom. I pretty much slept all the way in the bus but I woke up a few times. One time, this was what I saw:


But I was so tired that I just fell asleep again... The next time I woke up, the view was a bit better!



You never get tired of seeing that skyline!

At first we went to the United Nations which was pretty interesting. We got a guided tour around the premises. We saw the temporary Security Council because the normal one is being renovated. Here is a few pictures:


Here's one with my main man, General Secretary Ban Ki-moon

After the UN we got taken to the Rockefeller Center where we had about an hour to get something to eat. After that we drove down to the financial district and on the way we passed Ground Zero where it looks like some construction is going on... Haven't heard what it's going to be though.


We just walked a bit around in the financial district and on our way around we walked by the famous bull:


We also walked down to the water front were there is a small park. In that park there is a sculpture of a globe that used to stand in the lobby of one of the Twin Towers. Somehow it survived and now it's in the park as a memorial.




The weather was pretty good so we could see all the way to the Statue of Liberty...


Then, we got in the bus again and we drove up to see the MET which is one of NY's most famous art museums. I have never been that interested in art but at least I was trying!


After the MET we got dropped off at Times Square and we then had two hours for ourselves to get something to eat and then be at the Shubert Theatre for the Broadway show, Memphis at 8pm. We ate at a place called Applebees. I had a really good steak but it was a bit expensive after American standards... think it was around 27$ but I guess they have to make the money somewhere to pay for the massive rent I bet they are charged!

The play was pretty good. It's only a few months old so no one knew anything about it. It was about this white radio/tv guy in Memphis in the 50's. He gets a black girlfriend who also sings really well. Then he gets her on his tv show and all hell breaks loose because of the race issue. But as I said, it was a really good show.

After the play, we got picked up by the bus and we arrived in Bloom at 2am... pretty long day :) But it was very nice experience and I still can't believe that we got it all for only 50$!

Here's a slideshow of all the pictures and I'm out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment