Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter dinner at Dr. G's

What I didn't tell you in my last post is that I went to an Easter dinner at Dr. Ganahl's last Sunday. He's my professor in Online Journalism and PR: Theory and Practice and he is by far the coolest professor I have ever had but it was still kind of weird to get invited to his house. Apparently, he always invites his international students for dinner on Easter. This year I'm his only one though so he told me that I could bring a friend. So, I asked Hugo and he was game.

But as I said, it still felt kind of weird because there's no tradition for doing that kind of things back home in Denmarkistan. And, if any of my other professors had asked me, I would probably have been like "Oh shoot, I already have other plans" :) But Dr. G is something else, so I figured 'what the hell'...
Dr. Ganahl is the gentleman to the right

We got there at a around 5pm. The weather was really nice so we had some healthy snacks and wine outside in the sun. Then we went inside for the dinner. It was really good actually. His wife had cooked some ham, some kind of seasoned potatoes, vegetables etc.



But it was a good time even though it was a bit awkward at times but everybody there was very interested in France and Denmark, so we always had something to talk about.

By the way
What else? Well, I'm going to a concert tonight with a band called Jack's Mannequin.



I have never heard about them before but they are playing in the arena tonight, which is right next door, so why not? Besides, it's Spencer's birthday today (21 - Congrats man!), so we are gonna pre-game here before the concert and then we're gonna take him down to the bars! Maybe I'll even treat him to one of the Carlsbergs I bought yesterday for 30$ a case(!). But I felt like being patriotic and teach them some Danish culture :)

Also, I'm leaving for NEW YORK once again next Thursday on a one-day trip. The school arranges this trip where you get transport and all of the following for only 50$!!!

Depart from BU at 6:00 a.m.
Tour United Nations
Free Time in Rockefeller Center
Metropolitan Museum of Art
The Financial District
Free Time in Times Square
Broadway Show- Memphis
Return to BU at approximately 1:30 a.m

I can't believe how cheap it is, so I'm definitely going even though it's gonna be tough to get up for class on Friday.

Catch ya later!

(Just wanted to post this picture again. Honestly, I think it's the best picture I have ever taken! I should sell it as a postcard on something)

No comments:

Post a Comment