Monday, April 12, 2010

Concert, TEAM USA is in the ropes, and NY!

As I wrote earlier I went to a concert with a band called Jack's Mannequin last Friday. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my camera, so I can't show you any pictures from it... I had never heard about the band before but they were actually not half bad - I just wish I had taken some time to at least get to know one of their songs! But the best thing about the concert was the guys who warmed up... They were two guys on stage, one with a guitar singing and another playing on a box. The guy who was singing is called Kevin Hammond and I will bet a lot of money that he is going to make it big one day, or at least I hope so :)


Soccer
Up until Wednesday last week, Team USA was undefeated in the indoor soccer tournament but we only managed to make a draw. So, technically we were still undefeated but tonight we lost the game 4-3 against the number one team. If we had won, we would have been number one in the league but because of the loss we are now 3rd :(


On a side note, I had another exam today in Sociology and even though I only looked over the slides yesterday, I still managed to get a perfect 100 :) So far, the exams have been pretty easy but this one was by far the easiest one! But I shall be the last one to complain about that since I'm on exchange and wanna be able to a lot besides school...


The Big Apple
I also got the plan for the NY trip on Thursday:

6:00am: Depart Bloomsburg
9:30am: Arrive United Nations
10:15am - noon: United Nations Tour and Briefing
Noon - 2:00pm: Lunch at Rockefeller Center on your own
2:00pm - 3:00pm: Travel to Battery Park and Wall Street
3:30pm - 5:30pm: Metropolitan Museum of Art
5:30pm - 7:30pm: Dinner on your own
8:00pm - 11:00pm: Broadway Musical - Memphis (anybody heard if this is good)
2:00am: Return to Bloomsburg


So, it's gonna be a long day but 50$ for the whole thing was just too good an offer! The only thing that is bothering me a little bit is that my new favorite singer, Kevin Hammond is playing at a place called Piano's in NY that night at 9pm and it's free to get in - but I guess that a Broadway show isn't too bad after all ;)

Just to finish off with something that looks good, here is another song by Mr. Hammond:

No comments:

Post a Comment