Friday, May 28, 2010

Welcome to Hollywood! (Now with pictures and video)

This week we started our little tour of California. Monday we took the Greyhound to LA. Our hostel was right across from the Kodak Theatre on the Hollywood Boulevard. We got there around 2pm so we still had a lot of time to do stuff the rest of the day. The room was quite alright and the location was perfect!
 Kodak Theatre



After having dropped off our stuff we walked down Hollywood blvd. We came by one of the many guided tours and so we figured we might as well take one. So, we hopped aboard an open minivan and the driver took us around Hollywood and Beverly Hills. It was pretty cool and the weather was really good for a tour like that.

Will Smith's house in Beverly Hills

We also came across a nice little car on Rodeo Drive!

Back at the hostel we got ready for a night out in LA. First we ate at Hooters, right next door and then later we walked down Hollywood blvd to find a good place to get a few beers. We came across a place that looked pretty nice from the outside so we paid the 7$ cover to get in. When we got in we found out that we were really not like all the other people there! I have never seen so much black makeup and leather jackets... If I was goth, I would be in absolute heaven - but I'm not ;)

So we had one beer and then got on our way to another place. A little further down the street we found a nice Irish pub with pretty cheap beers, so we stayed there until it closed.

Tuesday I was pretty hung over but we still got up "early" to go to Universal Studios. We got there around 1pm and stayed there until it closed at 6pm. It was a really good experience and we saw some great shows and toured some of the sets from different movies. Here are a few pictures:



We also experienced an earthquake...


At night we walked down towards the Irish pub again. Just across the street from it there was sort of a party outside of a pretty sweet hotel. We went over there and had a drink or two. While we were there I saw my first "celebrity". It was this black guy at the bar. I knew I had seen him somewhere, I just couldn't remember where. Then it hit me that he was in Sisters Act 2 with Whoopi Goldberg and Lauren Hill. His name is Ryan Toby.  

I took a ton of pictures but my internet connection here is kind of slow, so I can't put any in as of right now.

Then, Wednesday we had rented a car to drive from LA to San Francisco where I am right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment