Saturday, May 22, 2010

Swimming in the Pacific

Hello again

I know it's been a while since my last post but I have been busy chilling by the pool and going to San Diego :P Also, our internet has been kind of crappy the past few days but it seems like it's okay now.


Hugo and I landed in San Diego last Thursday. He knows some people, Chastity and Daniel, that live 30 mins north of the city in a suburb called Escondido (I found it on google streetview) and we can stay at their place as long as we like which is awesome. They have been so nice to us ever since we got here and it's just been absolute heaven!  We have the guest house to ourselves and the first couple of days we just crashed by the pool:

Then on Saturday our hosts had some guests over for dinner and of course they asked us a lot of questions. We told them about our plans and that we were gonna go to Vegas for a few days before we fly back to the east coast. Then, one of the guests runs to his car and comes back with a gift certificate for two free nights at  Harrah's and gives it to us :D I can't wait to go and I just hope that I'll be able to, if not win anything, then at least just break even because even though we stay in San Diego for free, I have almost been spending money faster than I can count them :P

Also, one of my classmates from back home, Kamilla, lives in San Diego - 3 houses from the beach. Her roommates are Danish too, as well as the neighbors so it's cool to meet someone that I can speak Danish with. Even though it feels kind of weird because I have gotten used to speaking English all the time. It's funny... after having been away for so long, I have started to think in English. But it's always nice to meet new people and we have been to Camilla's place a few times to go to bars at night but during the day we stayed at the beach!

The water is not that warm yet but we were baking pretty well in the sand so we had to cool down!

Next week we're going to LA and San Francisco which hopefully will be a good time... but how can it not? I sure could get used to living in California!

But that was it for now... see ya

No comments:

Post a Comment